My coworker made these for us for the holidays and I’ve cursed her for it ever since! They are decadent, delicious and so easy to make that you just have to try it yourself.
1 bag of Oreos
1 package of cream cheese
Semi sweet chocolate (bar form or chips)
- Crush the entire bag of Oreos. Set some aside to sprinkle on top if you wish.
- Blend the cream cheese and Oreo crumb mixture together. This can be done by hand and a bit of muscle which will turn the inside of the truffle more like a cake consistency or you can do it by electric beaters which will make the inside dense and rich. Both are great!
- Roll the balls into desired size (keep them small as they are rich) and pop them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to get them firm again.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (lower setting) and mix continuously until melted.
- Dip the Oreo rolls in the melted chocolate and put them back in the fridge to set. Now, you can try to use toothpicks and roll them gently around without much of a mess but it’s so much easier to do it all by hand especially since the chocolate will harden if you take too long.
- Sprinkle the tops with the reserved Oreo crumbs or try sugar sprinkles.