My first time at Brix was fantastic! Here are the highlights and good things to know…I apologize for the mediocre photos, I was too busy eating and drinking to focus🙂
- Monday is all day happy hour which is usually the day we need it most (3 pm to close)
- Early happy hour is 3 pm to 6:30 pm everyday
- Late happy hour is 9:30 pm to 12 am Sunday through Thursday (no happy hour cocktails Fri and Sat night)
- Martinis (with infused liquors and muddled goodness) is $4! Yes $4!!! That alone should get you in their door.
- Brix chips ($6.95 during happy hour) is ridiculous and everyone should eat it at least once if they are there (verde roasted pork shoulder / baked cheddar / grilled tomato salsa / cilantro cream / tortilla chips)
- The beer braised chicken wings are also great but I would pass on their calamari
- If you like the ingredients in their martinis but not the liquor it’s paired with just substitute your favorite one! I had them use house infused chili pepper vodka in the martini that originally called for tequila. I had about 3 of those babies called the “amante picante” using pepper vodka, mixed with fresh cucumber and lemon. I also tried the “zesty mango” and I sampled their cinnamon infused whiskey which I liked and I normally can’t say that about whiskey.
- The bartenders rock! It can get busy but they were awesome and are super helpful if you have questions about the menu and drinks. They even let us try a sample of a couple martinis to help us decide our next pick. They may even let you order a few extra in advance before happy hour ends
- When we closed out our bill for happy hour, we ate 4-5 food items and about 9 or 10 drinks and it was about $77. Give or take. I can’t remember exactly but I know we had a good time!
I’m not sure what else to say about this place. I really liked it and I’ll definitely come back. I’m especially curious to try their weekend brunch menu which features bottomless mimosas for $9 and a variety of eggs benedicts which is my personal favorite. Parking can always be a challenge in the Pearl but suck it up because it’s worth it in the end.
Address: 1338 Nw Hoyt St.