Pambiche makes one of my favorite chicken dishes (pollo criollo) and the best version of tres leches cake in Portland (in my humble opinion). I was very excited to try the happy hour here and was not disappointed by the food or drinks. We ate so much and ordered too much that we couldn’t even think about dessert. Please note: We did not nor could not finish all the food in the photo below.
- Happy hour starts at 2 pm! and runs until 6 pm (M-F) then 10 pm to midnight (Fri and Sat night)
- Great food and beverage choices. The flavors are incredible and so much better than pub food and in most cases, cheaper too!
- Our bill was about $25 per person which included 3 drinks each plus all the food above (we ordered 2 more items after that photo was taken so there was actually more food!).
- We ordered 3 empanadas because apparently we ordered with our eyes and not our stomachs. We picked a couple of potato and cheese (papa con queso) as well as a spinach and 3 cheese (espinaca con queso) and all were flaky and delicious ~$3 each
- Cod fish and potato croquetas (bacaloa con papa) ~ $4 plate (4 pieces).
- Yuca Frita ~ yuca fries $3.50
- Moros & Cristianos – black bean and rice - $2
- Pollo Frito ~ Chicken marinated in creole seasoning then deep-fried -$3.50
- Masitas – Adobo seasoned pork that is deep-fried - $5 (one of my favorite items).
- Parking is limited so be prepared to walk (this can be a problem for lazy people).
- Most of the dining space is outdoors (this can be a positive in the warmer months but they have heaters when it gets chilly).
- No vodka? Rum is the spirit of choice but I’m glad I tried something new! I drank a few of the “las tunas teas” ($5) made with their own house made tropical tea which is shaken with raw honey and rum. I absolutely love this drink and can’t wait to drink it again!
Website: www. pambiche.com